Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pinewood Derby

Saturday we had our Pack Pinewood Derby & the boys did so well! Jacob was so geeked, he place 2nd in the Bears & gets to go to the District Pinewood Derby on March 25th now. Chris overheard Cody complaining about how his car "sucked" and that didn't fly too well with him. He was grounded for the rest of the day for being a poor sport...that & I think it upset Chris because Chris made their cars ;) And I know this will sound so horrible but I think it did BOTH the boys some good for Jacob to finally win something. Cody has always blown Jacob away in things that they've done, karate, baseball, soccer, etc. so for Jacob to make it to District & Cody to not even place, was a good thing. As Chris put it he's finally out of his brother's shadow....

So wish us luck at District, which is going to be a nightmare...our Pack is hosting it, it's also on the same day as the 3rd ID's Welcome Home thing (from what I've heard) & it happens to be Chris's BDay....Joy oh Joy!!

And speaking of Chris, I swear that boy is going through an early mid life crisis...
I love my baby to death but it's becoming a joke between us two now. He has grey hair popping up BUT I have white hairs popping up. I think he's "aging" very nicely, compared to me...He told me in 6 years (we'll both be 40) that he's trading me in for two 20's...MEN!! Shit I told him he would NEVER be able to find anyone that will put up with his shit like I do ;) but I also know that works both ways, trust me, there is no one that would put up with my shit like he does so I guess it's all good! he's my little snuggle bear & I know I couldn't live without him....His latest thing, he wants another motorcycle...YIKES!! 15 years from now, yeah it was a lot of fun, the speed, the open air, but now we have 3 very important things that we didn't have then....Knowing me I'll probably break down and let him get another one. He wants to buy & fix up an old muscle car...you know, an old Chevelle, Camaro, Stang, Nova, whatever. And he even bought a guitar....he hasn't played guitar since high school...Oh well, what can you do???
He's also kind of geeked because the Army has lowered their standards on their Tattoo Regulations. I SOOOOO don't agree with them so of course that means he's all for it. The old reg was they were allowed to have tattoos as long as they weren't visible in their Class A's (their dress uniform)...New reg is they can have them on their hands/fingers/back of head, etc. *I* feel that when they are in their Class A's they are suppose to look professional and someone with tats all over the back of their hands, etc is not professional....he told me it was just because I didn't want him to get any on his hands, like I really care, it's his body, I just think it's sad that the Army feels they have to lower their standards because they are having a hard time getting recruits or whatever their reasoning is....See, this is what I mean, MID LIFE CRISIS!! When he starts talking about putting a big loud stereo in his car again, it will be official ;)

3 comments:

Carolyn F said...

WTG on the pinewood derby!

Just Say Julie said...

woohoo bonni's back!!

i used to love watching my little bro do pinewood derby....sounds like your little man rocked! and he looks so cute on the awards podium!

The Mom said...

You've been a busy girl!

I agree with you on the standards for tattoos, I don't have anything against them but I mean the Class A uniform already covers most of their body.

Great job Jacob and good luck!!!