Friday, March 03, 2006

The Dreaded Ball..

...is coming up March 30th. Okay I guess it wouldn't be so dreaded if I didn't look like a fat cow and have to be so picky about what style gown to wear. It's the 1st Brigade Combat Team's Ball so it will be rather big & it is going to be in Savannah on the river front. It will be a lot of fun, I made our reservations yesterday so we'll just have to worry about getting to our room :) Anyway, my friend is going to make my gown so I went and picked up a pattern last night. It's a very basic empire waist (heard they are very forgiving of the mid section ;) ) and now I just have to get the material....oh where to begin...the color?? Should have heard Fee last night talking about all these beautiful colors. I thought that *maybe* since it will be technically Spring I should "live" a little and actually have some color, I always wear black to these things. Here's the pattern just in case some of you would like to take a looksie...of course the style I am going to have her make is the black stlye. It has the sheer little sleeves & sheer overlay, cause you know I have to have these fat arms somewhat covered....So I need your help guys, not that any of you ever really read this boring ass thing, but what color(s) should I go for??? Nothing too damn wild & crazy, sure as hell don't want to be the main attraction, if you know what I mean, but should I stick with black or add a little color??

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Ahhh...I think a deep red or deep purple would look awesome in that dress. Have fun, I have always wanted to go to the AF Ball but they haven't thus far been held at a base we are at:-(

Just Say Julie said...

I couldn't get the pattern to come up but I love ball gowns in some kind of metallic color...not shiny...but like bronze-ish....I'm going to have to find an example!

And yes I do read your not boring ass blog :)

Just Say Julie said...

okay - here's a link - there's a bronze gown on here

http://www.dresshiretogo.com/ball-gowns.asp

Carolyn F said...

Color!!! And I read it too!

Bonni said...

I saw the bronze one Julie, very very pretty but dear it's strapless and uh, I need to cover up these arms :)

Christi said...

I think a nice emerald green would look nice!!! Or maybe purple too.

But I'm like you, I'm a "I wear black" girl so I completely know how hard it is to pick a color!!!

Hope you have a fantastic time!
(and yeah...I read it too) :.)

The Mom said...

What color is his branch color?

Are you going with sleeves or no sleeves (you have to take the extra http out of it to get to see it).

I think it is really pretty! I miss balls, the one time of the year I get to act girly. I haven't been to one in about 4 years.

I always like navy instead of black for something differnt! :)