Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New Piercing...

So I finally broke down and got my nose pierced....yeah, me the big baby got it done... In a way I sit here and think, why the hell did I do that? and then I think, well it can always close up if I get tired of it, right? I know this is not the best picture but it's the best I got today. I made it B&W because I thought it was easier to see and NO my face really isn't a pizza, I mean I have acne but it's actually my freckles that are popping out, big time, because of all this sun we've been getting!
Anyway, it was pretty funny...I was whining telling Chris that I wanted him to go back with me and he told me he wasn't unless I asked. Well of course I wasn't going to ask because I didn't want to look like a big wimp. You know, it's funny...15 years or so ago I would have been "yeah cool, let's do it...WooHoo" but I'm old and well, pain just isn't my thing anymore. Anyway, of course I kept my eyes shut the whole time the guy was doing it. It stung like a SOB, I'm not going to lie...it hurt!
Well I swear there have been little signs that I should NOT have pierced my nose...God's honest truth, the other day I was in the back yard weed whacking and I hit a pile of Buddy's uh, presents and it flung all over me....how do I know it flung all over you might ask? Well because I had some land on the tip of my nose...so I finish up, pissed off, moaning and groaning...go upstairs, jump in the shower and just start laughing. I mean, really? come on...I get some of his crap in my piercing...I could just see me trying to explain that one to the doctor "well you see, it got infected because um, well I got some of my dog's shit on it and it like made it get all nasty and infected....so I sat there and let the water pound the crap out of my nose, no pun intended ;) and actually scrubbed my nose...let's just say it was so raw afterwards I wanted to cry. So then last night I was thinking, you know, it's not as sore today, maybe I'll actually "blow" my nose instead of doing a kid puff....OUCH!!! Who would have ever guessed that you could actually blow out a nose ring?? well it wasn't completely out but close enough. Now that shit stung. I had to call Chris upstairs so he could put it back in for me...of course I kept my eyes shut AGAIN! For those of you wondering, why would I have to have Chris help me?? well it's very odd looking and not your typical ring. This is very similar to the one I have, it like twists in....so yeah that really smarted, it stung worse than it did the day they pierced it! I was still baffled and Chris said "hello, did you forget you have a 3rd hole in your nose now?" okay, so he has a point...
And you know, I think it's almost humorous how some people have "stared" at it. Does it make me a different person because I have a stud in my nose? I know Chris said now he was going to paint a red dot on my forehead but other than that, I'm the same me. The cashier in the PX this afternoon was really intrigued, I was almost tempted to ask her if she would like to take a picture. Oh well, guess I'm just a freak now, maybe I oughta die my hair jet black...COME ON PEOPLE...it's just a damn nose ring.

Enough of that...Hannah showed me a spider earlier. She is like the bug patrol, I swear. She spots any kind of bug a mile away. So I go in the back yard and look at the chair and think...wow, that spider has a red thing on his tummy...and noticed that it had a dead spider under it...HELLO...I do believe it was a black widow....
Chris just happen to be driving up from work and he comes back to see what we are all doing...so of course he's yelling at me...why the hell are you taking a picture, kill the damn thing...so I found some wasp & hornet spray, which of course only got it off the chair, then Chris stepped on it. At first I didn't think it was one because it was little, well compared to what I've seen in the past, but I guess that means it's because it's a baby....wonder where the parents are???? yeah, so now I'm sitting here with the eebie jeebies and will be freaking out everytime my doggie needs to go outside to pee!

9 comments:

Fee said...

holy toledo woman- the spider was a black widow..we have brown recluses here and I freak! and um I hate to break it to you but she was probably staring at your nose ring given your advanced AGE BWHAHAHA love ya.....you know I was kind of contemplating getting one..figured- my best friend now has one, yadda yadda..two things- pain..not my friend either and um the shape of it and your nose blowing description. Thanks for stopping me my sweets! Love ya..it looks cool!

The Mom said...

Too funny that you used wasp and hornet killer on the BW cause when I found one in our garage in NC that is exactly what I used to (& the whole can too -- wanted to make sure it was good and dead) Ours had just laid eggs and I freaked out and was on spider patrol for the longest time -- if I could have walked around with a can of raid in my hand I would have.

I think your nose ring looks great. I love the story about the 3rd hole and blowing your nose -- I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the picture of the actual ring too cause I always wondered how you got your fingers up there to put in the little back. :)

Lacey said...

Love it Bonni! Still comtemplating it except for the pain (yeah I know, I have had my tongue and naval done but neither of those hurt). Too funny about your "signs"...LOL!


Eeeekkk on the spider! I was never afriad of them till England where they were HUGE and jumped. Now I am scraed to death of them! Just be sure to check your shoes before you put them on, they like to hide in there!

Jessica Bellus Photography said...

Sorry that you snagged it already.. That Sucks.. and I can imagine it hurting. did they use a gun??
and yes, people ask me about it alot.. drives me nuts..

I LOVE it tho.. but it does take time to get used too..

Christi said...

Ok..the nose ring...looks great girl! But no way I would do that ouch! The dog poo story had me in stitches..sounds like something I would do!!!
And man those spiders freak me out...we get them a LOT here in WA...I always get all panic stricken when I see one..and most bugs don't bother me at all!!!

Bonni said...

No Jess, they didn't use a gun..they put a little metal pipe type thing (a stopper) inside my nose and used a needle....and yesterday at the gym I was wiping my face with the towel and the towel must have got a hold of the nose ring and I ripped it out...my friend and I were searching all over til we finally found it...had to go to Chris's work and have him put it back in for me...yeah I'm that big of a weinie...until it at least "heals" and won't sting anymore!

Just Say Julie said...

isn't it funny how a change on the outside makes people think we've changed on the inside? i got that vibe from people when I got the tattoo.....

good luck with the healing! hope it happens soon....and make the kids clean up after Buddy from now on :) eek!

Carolyn F said...

Oh my... what a story! I couldn't do the nose ring but you GO girl.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I'm sitting here giggling through this all.