...You know, not one of those days where it was a bunch of "major" things (thank God cause those days REALLY whomp)but just a bunch of little things, not sure whether you want to laugh or cry but at the end of the day you just want to go to bed and call it a day....
Well a month or so ago when I went to the dr and they told me I had a major sinus infection, bronchitis and really "gunked" up ears, what made me finally go to the doctor was the fact that my left ear had started "humming" for like 2 days straight. Since then it's been kind of humming here and there but yesterday morning it was as bad as it was a month or so ago. Can't hear out of my ear or anything. Feel like I'm 90 years old, always asking "huh? what did you say?" anyway, Hannah was grounded yesterday. She drove Chris totally nuts the night before, not listening, sneaking out of the house to go play, etc. Yesterday she kept sneaking out again "I'm going to play in the garage" and next thing you know, she's across the street...so needless to say she spent about a total of 25 hours crying yesterday! She let her dog out of the house, opened up the front screen door and out he went....UGH...and of course if you run after him he'll run even faster, so I'm walking, "come here Buddy, come here Buddy"...yeah right. Well I about FAINTED I was sooooo embarrassed! A couple was cleaning their car down the street, Buddy just goes and jumps right in their car....I swear my face was redder than my hair. I was apologizing like crazy! Of course it had to be some new fancy type car, some Chrysler station wagon looking thing, Pacifica??? He jumped in the back door and he ended up in the back hatch area. I called Chris and told him that we better hope he didn't scratch or tear anything...I mean he's a 90lb fatty! Of course all Chris could do was laugh "he just wanted to go for a ride"...yeah glad you are so amused by it. So I go to check the mail and some kid(s), or at least I'm assuming, had carried dog poop with sticks and put it in front of the mailboxes...oh brother, good thing I actually looked down before stepping up on the curb because I've learned that I'm not that coordinated and that I can NOT step up onto a curb w/o tripping if I'm not looking!
Start cooking dinner, have the vegetables cooking on the stove. Had the potatoes peeled, cut and put them on the stove (for mashed potatoes of course), open the steaks and 3 of them were spoiled...ARGH!!! Of course normally I would have been all over that, well shit, guess we have to go out for dinner tonight, but I already had everything cooking. Called Chris to have him stop at the commissary to pick up some steak on his way home and guess what? they are closed on Mondays, I forgot! So Cody and Chris (Cody is a major steak freak) had steak...Jacob, Hannah and I had hot dogs...nice dinner huh? hot dogs, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and crescents...I was not too happy about the steak though because we get our meat from the "meat guy" and although I can't be 100% sure that they were from our latest order, I'm pretty sure they were. And one of the steaks happened to have a date on it, Oct 18, 2005, which of course I didn't even think to look for a date, never had a problem with our meat before.
Get done eating dinner, Cody is begging to go to WalMart...he had money burning a hole in his wallet. Chris asked him what he was wanting because if it was YuGiOh cards we were NOT going. Oh no, I want to look at the toys. So off we go, which I was not too thrilled because they still had to get showers, etc. So we get to WalMart, Cody looks at the toys for a whole 2 minutes MAX and says "well I don't see anything, I want to go look at the cards"....hmmm...already? thought you wanted a toy? Well I saw a lady (2nd time I've seen her at Wally World) and I swear I know her. Have you ever done that? Saw someone and you just find yourself staring because you are just intrigued? I am sure people thought I was a total nut case! I know I've seen people that resemble someone else but I swear this was her, a girl I went to school with in Oregon. She had MS or Cerebal Palsy (sp) and some days she would walk with the crutches that slip over your arms, or she would need a wheel chair or some days she was able to walk. When she walked her left hip would move funny (I'm really not trying to sound mean, just can't explain it) Well this lady from last night walked the same way. But I sit here and think, it can't be her because come on, both of us from Oregon, married to men in the Army and stationed at the same place at the same time...anyway wish I knew a PI because I am just certain it is her. Of course I tell Chris and he just rolls his eyes "yeah that's nice". I wish I was ballsy enough to walk over to her because she had her military ID hanging from her neck, so I could have read her name. Anyway, as we are walking out to the van Chris was nagging Cody about how he never intended to buy anything other than yugioh cards and he said "well if I told you that was what I was going to buy, you wouldn't have brought me"....I just wanted to smack him. Little turd!
So after giving Hannah a bath I'm downstairs trying to get caught up on email, etc and Hannah comes to me and tells me that her ti ti was bleeding!! OMG'sh I'm freaking...WHAT?? So she brings me into the kitchen and shows me little spots of blood on a towel. I rush her upstairs (wasn't going to exam her in front of the whole family) and she had little scrapes. I asked her what happened. She told me she was trying to sit in her doll stroller and hit the bar thing on the side...OUCH! So I told her I would put some vaseline on it, didn't know what else to stick on it for crying out loud, and that maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad the next time she went potty...BIG MISTAKE!!! Now she was scared to death to go potty before she went to bed. Yeah, I was very happy to go nighty night last night!
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Man you have a had quite a day! It is funny you had hotdogs with all the fixings cause that is exactly what we are having for dinner tonight -- the fridge is looking pretty empty so we are just eating stuff to get it out of the house. Hot dogs, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and brussel sprouts.
Hope you get to feeling better. I said HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER!! LOL!! :)
Good grief...and I thought my week had been rough. At least it didn't all hit me in one day.
Hope today is mucho better!
Oh my, bless your heart.
Oh girl..I have days like that all too often!!! Hope you have a much better week next week!!! If it makes ya feel any better..I havn't had heat all week..yup..cold here too!!! And a migrane..yeah..it's been a great week!!! ((hugs!))
dang! you're right - those are the kind of days that you're not sure whether to laugh or cry about. if i cry i usually end up laughing and if i laugh i will definitely cry!
hope you don't have many more like that!!
Post a Comment