Monday, August 14, 2006

Dreams, KIDS & Other Stuff

I very rarely remember my dreams, maybe 1 every 4 months...yesterday morning I wake up to "hey, what are you doing?" hmm..thought my heel hurt a tad...the more I woke up it all starting making sense...I was getting chicken ready to cook and had my hands full of the icky chicken packaging. I went to the trash can and "remember" kicking it twice to get it to open (hands were nasty and I'm a germ freak so no way was I going to touch it with my hands) and that's when I hear the "hey....." Apparently Cody ended up at the foot of my bed and although I thought I was kicking the trash can, I was really kicking his head. I can't sit here and type this without laughing. I know it's horrible to laugh but I can't help it. I asked him why he was on my bed in the first place...he told me I kicked him four times...YIKES! Poor kid...I hate weird dreams like that. I've woke up before thinking I was Madonna and was singing, yes actually singing in my sleep, only to wake up and discover the song I was singing was playing on the radio...Oh my...Oh, Cody's fine but he gets mad when I still laugh about it...

Speaking of Cody, man I love him with all my heart but I don't know if he'll survive his teenage years. He'll be 11 in 9 days but he thinks he's 16. Chris changed the Chores Rules. He told them the only way they will get their allowance for now on is IF they do ALL their chores. I had told them earlier in the week that they could forget their allowance for the week because I they had the same pair of pj's on their bedroom floor for 2 days (which I picked up because I couldn't stand it any longer, yeah I'm odd, I know)! Well then later that day I told Cody he needed to load the dishwasher and he pops off "well if I'm not getting my allowance this week why do I have to my chores?" Hey Cody, come here...a little closer...closer...SMACK! Right upside his head. No I really didn't smack him but man oh man...Boy is dad going to get a kick out of that one! This morning he woke up upset with ME because the tooth fairy didn't come last night and he knows WHO the tooth fairy is...right before he leaves to catch the bus "by the way the tooth fairy didn't come last night, thanks a lot"...He's his father's son I tell ya.

When we decided to move into new housing on post we broke a promise we made to each other...WE WOULD NEVER LIVE ON POST AGAIN!! We have so many crazy people living around us it's not even funny. Women who have NO life and think they are still in jr high.
Let's see, this past week we had a neighbor who's dog died outside from the heat. Yes, you read that right. There was no water or shelter in the back yard. The real messed up thing is, they still have their other dog...HELLO people what is wrong with you??? why the hell didn't they seize the little weenie dog?
The other night a house that is caddy corner from us got raided (yes, door knocked in and surprise, HELLO) and a 16 year old got arrested for drug possession. Don't think I won't be reading our post newspaper to read up on these two things...

I guess that's about it, nothing too exciting going on here! I life such an exciting life....NOT!!!

5 comments:

Jessica Bellus Photography said...

ROTFL about Cody.. Poor him tho.. but Ive done some silly stuff in my sleep to..

I can Honestly say that the Immaturity of the Military is what is making us get out.. I hate the fact that most people around here seem like they are still in High sChool.. and its cool to be stupid.. anyways. that sucks about the dog.. I cant believe they still have the other one.
Oh, and Tim would be the one Raiding peoples houses.. thats the part of his job that he likes.. the chase, so to speak ;)
We just had people move right next door to us and above us.. Im counting the days..

The Mom said...

Too funny about kicking Cody!! LOL!!

I know what you mean about living on post. It is like living in high school or something, everyone having to have their nose in your business when they have their own stuff to worry about!!

Too bad about the dog -- that really gets me cause man think about how many people would love to have a dog and would take care of it.

Well let me know if you figure out how to do their chores after realizing they aren't going to get their allowence because I will probably need that info in a couple of years. :)

Laura said...

I think you kicking Cody was a pre (or post) effect of the tooth fairy comment. What a little stinker! Totally sounds like his dad because YOU would never say something like that! LOL
That bites about the dog! I can't believe they still have the other dog. Like some people shouldn't have kids, some shouldn't have pets.GRRR
Great to see you updating your blog! Now get on Fee would ya?! She'll listen to you ;)

Lacey said...

Gotta love base housing...eh:-( Poor dog(s)...

Pam Sivage said...

Dumb people with the dog!Some people have to sense!!! Poor Cody, and amazing how that 16 yo attitude creeps in so young!