** sorry not the greatest picture but she's the only sober looking person ;) **She sure has been through a lot in her short life. She finally has a date set for her Kidney Transplant...July 11th...I know that every day she is very thankful that her little brother is donating one of his kidneys but that she also worries...Her insurance has been GREAT (and YES it's TriCare) they are covering all of her brother's expenses (tests, lab work, dr's visits, surgery, etc) UNTIL the day he is released from the hospital (follow up appts, medications, etc) they won't cover and I can't remember exactly why his insurance isn't, she told me but I just can't remember...He will be out of work for awhile and although his boss has been great in working with him and "holding" his job for him, he will not be earning any income...She would joke about how she was going to start up a collection for her brother so that the poor kid could continue living...so when she sent me this I really felt the need to share their story...this is NOT a con, scam, hoax or whatever...she is a very dear friend of our's (so much that Chris said he would give her one of his kidneys and was SERIOUS)...but mostly I ask if on July 11th you guys can keep Gloria & her brother, Chris, in your thoughts and prayers...
Operation Kidney Swap




1 comment:
Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone involved! That is a lot of love to give something like you kidney to your sister. :)
Post a Comment