Friday, July 28, 2006

Has it been that long?

Since I've updated my blog? Apparently so, almost a month...Nothing too exciting, just the typical summer junk & HEAT...I can't believe that the kids start school next week, seems like summer just started...Our summer was pretty boring, nothing too exciting. Took the kids to Six Flags in St Louis
Here they are with Scooby...They had a blast, Cody got to go on all the roller coasters. There was one Jacob couldn't ride on (of course can't remember the name now) and Hannah went on the Mine Train & was all geeked to ride on the Screaming Eagle or Scream Machine, something with Scream in it and she literally screamed and cried the whole time...poor little thing...
We also took the kids to the ocean...it's pretty sad that this was the first time this summer we took them. When I lived in Oregon I went all the time...as much as I love it I really need to make the time to go more often...of course the kids love it to.
Here's Hannah giving Cody a "mud bath" although it's really sand ;)
Yeah, she was having a little bit of fun, can't you tell?? And here's Chris's mini me, Jacob...isn't he so handsome??

Anyway that was about their excitement for the summer, fun, huh?

SPIDERS SUCK!!!
Oh, on July 3rd I got bit my a spider...ICKY! I was sick for a week...finger got all swollen & nasty looking...I really don't know what kind of spider it was but it really tore me up. The only reason I say spider is because you could see the fang marks before it got so ickified (nice word, huh?) I still have a red mark on my finger, who knows if it will ever go away...
..hmmm...anyway my finger itched, hurt and burned for about 3 days, but for a week I felt like I had one huge hangover...really hard to explain, my head just wasn't with it, wasn't "sick" but just felt sick...probably that black widow's baby that we squished in the back yard a few months ago...payback kind of thing you know...
Anyway, that's all the excitement that's been going on here, WooHoo!!!!

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Its always the people that live close to the lakes and oceans that have the hardest time going. We live 20 min. from lakes and July was the first time we have gone regularly