Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Veteran's Day

Saturday, November 11th, is Veteran's Day! It's funny because when I think of Veteran's Day I think of my dad and grandpa, you know, *older* people. But that's not always the case. I have to remind myself that Yes, my husband is a Veteran! This is one of my ALL TIME favorite little clips! This time last year Chris was at Hartsfield Airport getting ready to head back out from his 2 weeks of R&R. It happened to be Veteran's Day and he said as they (said there was a group of about 40 of them) walked through the airport people started clapping & shaking their hands. Of course he said he didn't understand what the hoopla was all about, but he's rather modest. He was also quick to add that it wasn't like this clip was either, "not as much"...
And you know, I've heard people ask "what does this have to do with beer?" It's deeper than that, dumbasses! And NO they are not actors either ;)
So to All you Veteran's out there...
THANK YOU!!!!!

4 comments:

Carolyn F said...

I loved that commercial too -- it was my favorite from the super bowl that year. Tell Chris we appreciate him and his service!

Anonymous said...

Amen! That video gave me chills.

Lacey said...

I LOVE that clip too! eW played it earlier this year in one of our church services and I was sitting there with tears running down my face...I felt like such a baby till I looked around and saw others too...LOL!

pixleyyy said...

Um, can I just say that it's been 3 weeks since you updated? C'mon girl, give us the skinny. Something has to be exciting in your life!